SURGERY AT “MED-ELIT”, m. IVANO-FRANKIVSK
Surgery is a branch of medicine devoted to operative methods of treatment of various diseases and pathologies. It is resorted to when it is not possible to do without surgical intervention, only with conservative methods of treatment.
The most painless, simple surgical treatment with a minimal rehabilitation period is performed in the initial stages of diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor in a timely manner if you feel unwell.
After the surgeon’s examination, one or more diagnostic tests are most often prescribed:
– Examination of the patient. Palpation, percussion.
– ultrasound Ultrasound can assess the state of internal organs in real time and detect a number of diseases and pathologies.
– Laboratory diagnostics. General clinical, biochemical, hormonal, cytological, histological and other laboratory tests are conducted at the Med-Elite Medical Center. In some cases, a number of other types of diagnostics can be used, which the surgeon will tell you in detail about.
Modern outpatient surgical treatment includes several methods:
– Traditional surgical intervention (using a scalpel).
– Surgical treatment with radio wave method.
By contacting a surgeon at “Med-Elit” in Ivano-Frankivsk, you receive a guarantee of qualified assistance. The type of surgical intervention that will be the most effective and safest in your case will be selected for you.
Med-Elite Medical Center
Medical Center “Med-Elite” – it is a modern clinic that provides professional medical care. For us, a high-quality treatment and diagnostic process and the achievement of the maximum possible positive result are valuable.
We have gathered within our walls a team of high-class specialists who will not be indifferent to your problem. The experience of the doctors and the modern equipment of the clinic will be a guarantee of your recovery and improvement of the standard of living.
Our goal — to preserve and increase the trust of our patients, to become for them not only an “ambulance”, but also a reliable friend, to be by the patient’s side in the process of fighting the disease.
Every day we are improving and working to be within the walls «Med-Elite» every patient not only received medical care, but also felt important!
You should consult a surgeon in the following situations:
– The presence of acute inflammatory processes on soft tissues. If you have found purulent-inflammatory formations on your skin, you must consult a surgeon. The operation is also necessary for the treatment of an ingrown nail, panaritium, hidradenitis.
– The presence of new growths on the body, as well as benign growths (fibromas, atheroma, lipomas).
During the initial appointment, the surgeon performs an examination, collects anamnestic data, examines the results of research, if they have already been performed, and prescribes additional diagnostic procedures if necessary. After that, a diagnosis is made (adjacent specialists may participate in this) and a decision is made regarding the need for surgical intervention.
A consultation with a surgeon does not mean that you will be assigned surgery with a 100% probability. The treatment plan for each patient is selected individually, taking into account the characteristics of his condition, age, anamnestic data and other parameters. Specialists of the “Med-Elite” clinic always advocate a careful attitude to human health.
PHOR is a surgical operation performed on a patient under aseptic conditions under local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
– Thorough examination of the wound to the bottom;
– Excision of the edges within healthy tissues;
– Hemostasis and suturing by one of the types of suture.
We treat the operating field with one of the antiseptics and cover it with a sterile material. We conduct local infiltration anesthesia. We dissect the skin with a half-moon incision or renew the edges of the wound. We remove non-viable tissues and foreign bodies. We carry out hemostasis. Wash the wound with an antiseptic according to the indications, drain the wound.
We sew up the wound in layers (restore the anatomical relationship). Apply knotted seams. Antiseptic bandage.
Chorus is completed by applying sutures of various types, depending on the situation:
We do NOT apply sutures to:
-Fire wounds (excluding the head and cavities);
-Small puncture wounds;
In the case of injuries to the face or hands, tissue excision is minimal, using cosmetic sutures.
Stitch removal technique
- Remove the old bandage;
- Wash the skin around the wound;
- The seam line and the surrounding skin are lubricated with iodine;
- Grab one end of the thread with tweezers and pull it until the part of the seam that was in the fabric appears above the skin;
- This white part of the thread is cut with the tip of scissors or a scalpel;
- The thread is removed with tweezers;
- The scar is re-lubricated with iodine solution;
- The scar is re-lubricated with iodine solution;
The technique of surgical dressing of wounds in a medical center «Med-Elite»
- Removing the old bandage:
– Carefully use tweezers to peel off the adhesive plaster or Cleol bandage from the skin. If a bandage is applied, cut it widthwise with scissors from the side of the wound;
– Remove the old bandage in the direction along the wound, from one end to the other, from top to bottom;
– In the presence of drainage, the bandage should be removed carefully so as not to pull out the bandage, which has dried, wet it with a gauze ball soaked in a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide.
- Examination of the wound and adjacent tissues at the medical center «Med-Elite»:
– Establish the stage of the wound process;
– Examine the shape of the wound, its edges (flat, raised, undercut);
– Pay attention to discharge from the wound (serous, purulent, purulent-bloody), their consistency, color; amount, smell;
– Palpate the edges of the wound (density, tenderness, presence of crepitus, etc.).
Toilet skin and adjacent tissues:
– Clean the skin around the wound with sterile gauze balls, first dry and then soaked in an alcohol solution;
– Wipe the skin from the edges of the wound to the periphery;
– Wipe the remaining liquid with dry sterile balls. Treat the skin around the wound with a gauze ball moistened with a 70% solution of ethyl alcohol.
- Wound toilet:
– Remove pus from the surface of the wound by lightly blotting with dry gauze balls;
– Wash the wound with a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine;
– Dry the wound with dry gauze balls;
– Apply a new sterile bandage.
Cosmetic suture and its advantages
Cosmetic (intradermal suture) provides a clear connection of the edges of the skin and good wound healing with minimal visual damage to the skin. Therefore, this type of suture is used in plastic surgery, especially on the face and open areas of the body.
– Clear and precise adaptation of the edges of the wound;
-Formation of a thin and delicate scar;
– Fast wound healing;
– Minimal reaction of surrounding tissues;
– Excellent cosmetic effect.
Atherohm — a benign neoplasm arising as a result of blockage of the excretory duct of the sebaceous gland of the skin and the accumulation of its secretion, epithelial cells, etc. Treatment is only surgical.
Atheroma is observed on areas of the skin rich in sebaceous glands – scalp, face. It can reach large sizes, can be multiple.
Atheromas are painless formations with a smooth surface that slowly increase in size. Diagnosing atheroma is not difficult.
Surgical treatment is indicated in all cases. The operation is mainly performed under local anesthesia (a solution of novocaine or lidocaine). In the medical center “Med-Elite” m. Ivano-Frankivsk, atheroma is removed together with its capsule. With an atheroma that has suppurated, its cavity is opened, the contents are removed, the walls of the cyst are scraped, and the cavity is tamponed. The wound in these cases heals with secondary tension.
Lipoma — benign tumor of adipose tissue, sometimes multiple. It develops in the layer of subcutaneous loose connective tissue and can penetrate deep between the muscles and blood vessels to the periosteum.
It is often found on the back, neck and anterior abdominal wall.a There are different densities and sizes (1-3 cm in diameter, sometimes lipomas can grow to 10-20 cm in a few years and weigh 4-5 kg). As a rule, a lipoma does not cause disturbances in body functions, it is removed for cosmetic purposes. The most common type is superficial subcutaneous lipoma.
Removed human lipoma macropreparation.
Depending on the clinical case, lipoma removal is performed in the following ways:
- Removal ofcalpelem in the medical center “Med-Elite”.
Tissues and tumor capsules are heard surgically.
- Removal laser in the medical center «Med-Elite».
Lipoma removal is carried out with the help of a laser beam, which makes it possible to reduce the trauma of the operation and minimize the likelihood of complications. The method provides “soldering” of tissues and significantly reduces bleeding.
- Lipoma removal by liposuction at the “Med-Elite” medical center.
The removal of fatty tissue is performed through a small puncture using a device that destroys the formation and pumps out the fat.
In the case of subcutaneous localization and small sizes, neoplasms can be removed on an outpatient basis, and the intervention itself is performed under local anesthesia. The removal of large lipomas requires more thorough patient preparation and hospitalization. In this case, the method of removing a fatty tumor is determined individually.
Ixodes ticks are carriers of pathogens of such dangerous infectious diseases as: tick-borne viral encephalitis, Lyme disease, Q fever, human granulocytic anaplasmosis, babesiosis, etc. A person can become infected with the causative agents of these diseases through a tick bite.
In what period of time after a tick bite should you contact a surgeon at a medical center«Med-Elite», Ivano-Frankivsk:
- Immediately after the detection of a tick attached to the skin;
- If an unsuccessful tick removal was done at home:
– Or part of it remained in the skin;
– Was crushed during the removal process.
Symptoms for referral to the Med-Elite medical center.
The main sign of a tick bite is the detection of a matchhead point on the body or a larger part of the tick that is brown, brown, crimson or black in color. Also can be observed:
- Burning and itching at the site of the bite;
- Swelling and redness of the skin;
- Increased body temperature;
- Pain in the joints;
- The appearance of a rash;
- Enlargement of lymph nodes;
- Other signs of infection.
Infections that can be diagnosed after a tick bite in Ukraine are viral tick-borne encephalitis and Lyme disease.
Tick removal at the “Med-Elite” medical center is performed in sterile conditions, with a special medical tool, without pain and the risk that small parts of the arthropod will remain under the skin. Also, the surgeon will treat the bite site, recommend further measures (consultation with an infectious disease specialist, passing tests, care for the bite site, etc.) that will help preserve health.
An ingrown nail (onychocryptosis) is an ingrowth of the nail plate into the lateral edge of the nail plate, which is accompanied by painful sensations.
The most common place to find an ingrown toenail is the inside of the first toe.
There are several causes of the disease, the main ones being:
- Improper nail trimming. If the nail is cut very deeply, there is a risk of infection and the development of an inflammatory process;
- Tight shoes can cause ingrown toenails. When the shoes are so uncomfortable that they put a lot of pressure on the toes, the foot is in an unnatural position for a long time (heels, high rise), deformation of the nail occurs;
- Genetic predisposition to the growth of an excess amount of soft tissues;
- Excess weight or period of pregnancy;
- Carrying out chemical or radiation therapy.
Injuries to the fingers, both on the feet and on the hands, inflammatory process, and pedicure performed in violation of sanitary standards can also provoke the appearance of ingrown nails.
Symptoms of an ingrown toenail:
- Redness of the skin in the place where the nail begins to penetrate the soft tissues of the finger;
- Pain sensations;
- Swelling, puffiness;
- Release of pus and blood from skin damage when the infection joins;
- Curvature of the nail, dullness of the nail plate.
Methods of treatment of an ingrown nail
- Treatment of an ingrown toenail in a medical center “Med-Elite”
If the problem was detected at the initial stage, conservative treatment is used. If the problem is detected at an advanced stage, then a surgical method of treatment is used: marginal resection of the nail plate with a germ zone. The surgeon removes the part of the nail that has grown into the skin along its entire length. Not only the visible part must be removed, but also the one under the skin. The manipulation takes place under local anesthesia and takes a few minutes.
On the first day, it is necessary to observe bed rest, minimal load on the leg. In case of severe pain, it is recommended to take analgesics in doses determined by the doctor. From the second day, the patient can lead a normal life, but must avoid heavy physical exertion. Dressings are carried out every day at first, after 4-5 days – once every 2 days until complete healing.
Panaritius – гнійне inflammation тканин пальця. Small injuries and scratches play an important role in the occurrence of this disease, since they do not attract attention with acute pain, but are the cause of the appearance of panaritium.
- Skin – the development of an infectious process under the epidermis;
- Subcutaneous — the infectious process is localized in the subcutaneous fatty tissue of the finger;
- Paronychia— inflammation of the nail plate;
- Subungual — the infectious process is localized under the nail plate;
- Tendinous – the infection is localized in the area of the tendon sheath and tendon of the flexors of the finger;
- Joint — the pathological process is localized in the joint gap;
- Bone – inflammation, sequestration and destruction of bone;
- Pandactylitis (total inflammation of all tissues).
The tissues of the finger swell, redden, and pain appears, which has an increasing, pulsating and twitching character. Swelling gradually increases, local temperature rises. With subcutaneous panaritium, the accumulation of purulent contents under the skin is noticeable.
Panaritium treatment is combined: operative and conservative.
The method of radio wave removal is the safest method, which is used for the painless removal of benign skin formations that have a clear contour and protrude above the surface of the skin. The essence of the radio wave method is removal using high-frequency waves.
Radio wave incision is performed without physical trauma and tissue heating. At the ends of the thinnest wire, called a surgical electrode, high-frequency waves are generated. The fabric resists their penetration and at the same time emits heat, under the influence of which the cells in the path of the waves evaporate.
The convenience of the method is that it does not require stitching and in most cases does not leave scars or thermal damage.
Removal of neoplasms of the skin and soft tissues is carried out without bleeding and purulent complications. Healing with the use of the radiosurgical method is several times faster than after the removal of the neoplasm by other methods.
Indications for the procedure of removal of neoplasms by the radio wave method in a medical center «Med-Elite»:
The presence of benign skin neoplasms:
- Other formations that have a clear outline and protrude above the surface of the skin.
Necrectomy is a surgical operation on soft tissues, the main task of which is to remove dead tissues that can become a source of infection or toxic complications. During the operation, the surgeon removes necrotized tissue, followed by closure of the wound using a skin graft.
Working hours: 08:15 – 16:45
16:45 – 08:00 (by appointment)
Working hours: 08:30 – 14:30